Looking for ideas on what to do for the big NYE Celebration? Maybe this is the year you finally go to that lavish party you've always wanted to attend or maybe you're content to celebrate with friends or with family at their homes. Maybe you're even hosting!
Whatever you decide to do, it is my intention that this post lays out your options for where to party in Buffalo for NYE. Happy celebrating!
- New Year's Eve Gala @ WNYBAC ($70-80, food, beer and wine included) – Downtown, Electric Tower – This is an event hosted by the WNY Book Arts Center in downtown Buffalo right across from the Electric Tower. Enjoy the ball drop and fireworks from the comfort of their space, along with what is sure to be some very tasty food from Sun Restaurant.
- The Gypsy Parlor NYE Party (free – cost of drinks) – This is sure to be a wild party in a very homey atmosphere in this new venue that opened up on Potomac & Grant St. It costs nothing to attend (except what you consume while you're here), but you'll enjoy a fun DJ and a fantastic atmosphere. If you want to eat dinner here, make sure you call and make reservations today!
- Karaoke NYE Party @ Essex Street Pub ($50, includes open bar and buffet dinner) – Seems like one of the best NYE deals in town if you like hipster bars and karaoke. Get your tickets before they are sold out! Call the pub for more details!
- Igloo NYE: Reanimate @ Heated Warehouse ($20-30) – Definitely one of the hottest underground-ish NYE events. This one is for your diehard electronic music fans. Enjoy multiple stories of dancing to psytrance, jungle, DNB, hiphop and more. Tickets are $20 in advance and $30 at the door. If you're still young enough to find yourself at one of these and want to dance into the New Year, be sure you get tickets before they're sold out!
- The Lodge's NYE Party ($25.00-$150.00) – Their space is gorgeous and I'd definitely spring for the $150 VIP+Dinner if I was looking for a delicious 5-course dinner to kick off this year with. The menu looks delicious! $25 for a general admission ticket includes a drink, a champagne toast and passed small bites.
- NYE 2014 on the Lake ($25-35) – Advertised as the "best view in the city," Templeton Landing is the location for what's dubbed as "NYE Party for Urban Professionals." Three rooms with different DJs, snacks, champagne fountains and the lower price tag definitely make this a compelling choice.
- The Great Gatsby NYE Extravaganza ($150) – Fittingly at the art-deco themed boutique hotel, this looks to be one opulent party that they are hosting for the New Year. Enjoy delicious food, an open bar and a myriad of activities. Click through for more details!
- Statler City's Ice Ball ($125+) – Although the first year they hosted this event, they ran into some trouble with over crowding, it's been smooth sailing since. Limiting the event to 1500 guests, this is surely another lavish option for celebrating the New Year.
- Tonawanda Castle's NYE Gala ($50) – The price tag includes a station style dinner and a champagne toast as well as entertainment…a performance by "Boneshakers" (not sure if I've ever heard anything by them). Great location if you want to head down to see the Ball Drop at the Gateway Harbor.
- Salvatore's 2014 Ball ($25-150) – I was a bit confused with the different ranges of events…from just a lounge to a full dinner, but it's definitely something to consider if you're looking for your celebration to be based in Depew!
Happy a safe and happy celebration!
Buffalo Yelp, Community Manager